Released August, 2011
The Pros:Smaller and just over half the weight of an iPad. Uses Android 2.3 Gingerbread with Adobe Flash 10.1. NFC.
The Cons:Missing 802.11n WiFi support. Only 512 MB ram.
The X10 AirPad is a 7" TFT LCD touchscreen tablet capable of 800 x 480 resolution using 600MHz DSP and a 1.2 Ghz Rockchip 2918 Cortex A8 processor. 4GB of internal storage can be expanded another 32GB using the microSD card slot, while internal RAM is fixed at 512MB.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Streaming video to the big screen in 1080p is made possible using the HDMI output and there is an audio output as well via 3.5mm jack. Also included are both a USB port for connection to computer and a USB client port for hooking up devices such as wireless keyboards, mice, external hard drives, MP3 players, cameras, streaming media devices and more directly to the AirPad. Since it runs on the most recent Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system, it has a more refined user interface over the previous 2.2 Froyo version as well as an improved soft keyboard and copy/paste features and added support for NFC or Near Field Communication. Also installed is Adobe Flash 10.1 which provides access to the entire web unlike other tablets which have more limited web access. 5 point multi touch control is an intuitive way to navigate the touchscreen using finger swipes for changing screens, finger taps for selecting items and two-finger swipes for zooming in and out. This feature can also be used in many multi touch apps and video games like Fruit Ninja, all of which can be found at Android Marketplace which has a current selection of over 250 000 apps. Another cool feature is the 3-axis accelerometer, orientation sensor and 3-axis compass which provide automatic image rotation for using the device upside down or even sideways, as well as aiding in mapping applications and motion sensitive video games.
- CPU: 1.2 Ghz Rockchip 2918 Cortex A8 processor + 600 Mhz DSP
- Display: 7" 800x480 resolution TFT LCD screen
- Touch-screen: Capacitive multi-touch, 5 point touch
- OS: Android 2.3, with Flash 10.1
- Camera: 2 Megapixel camera with video recording and playback
- Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer
- RAM: 512 MB
- Memory: 4 GB onboard, up to 32 GB with microSD card
- Battery Life: 6 hours movie, 20 hours music, 6 hours WIFI Internet access
- Network: WiFi (802.11b/g)
- Ports: HDMI supporting 1080P output, USB
- Size: 195 mm x 120 mm x 13 mm, Weight 400g (14 oz)
- Battery: 4000 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer
User Reviews (3)
Smaller and just over half the weight of an iPad
Uses Android 2.3 Gingerbread with Adobe Flash 10.1
Missing 802.11n WiFi support
You may also like...